Assessment and Common Core
- As a teacher, I value Early Literacy very highly. The reason is because if the students do not read they would never be able to gather all the information that they need to know. Books are great ways to help students model when they are younger. You can find books and truly any life situation and that could open the eyes of reading to that child.
- The role for formative assessment supports children's literacy development through Pre-K-3 grade, it provides bench marks for the students and their development. Also, during the younger years students need a model to see if they can meet the requirements. If they do not we can assess the ways to help that the student as they are growing.
- Common Core Standards are a great guide line to inform teachers about what to accomplish in the classroom. Also if the students ever had to move, they could be learning the same thing in another state instead of behind or ahead of the class.
Working in Teams
- Working with other teachers is a great idea in education. I feel that it is necessary to succeed in school because you can get many opinions about a topic from your colleagues. This is good because also if they are having trouble you can work as a team to make the lesson together.
- Working with colleagues is also good because teachers can see if their classes are all on the same subject. So that if students are friends in other classes they can discuss the assignments that they have if they are having trouble. Collaborating is the best way for students and teachers to learn. Also by collaborating we can model it for our students as well.
- Workshops are great for teachers because they allow discussion of ideas. If you have a quiet classroom you as a teacher no that there is no idea's flowing and students are not learning from others.If there are conversations going though, the more we learn from other ideas.
TECHNOLOGY in the classroom
- Working with technology in the classroom is a great opportunity for the students. It allows them to look up many different databases. It is also great because many of the students can research things that they may not have in their library and they can have all the information at their finger tips.
- They also can use the computers for book trailers, which there is a example in my lesson plans section. With the book trailers many students would enjoy them because it can get the students excited about a book or book series